Abdominal, Pelvic and Urinary Tract
London Private Ultrasound (LPU) offers a combined Abdominal, Pelvic, and Urinary Tract ultrasound scan to female patients over 18 years old. Generalised abdominal and pelvic pain, discomfort, bloating, with or without abnormal vaginal bleeding, lower back pain, kidney region, blood in the urine, and urine infection are the most common reasons for having an Abdominal, Pelvic and Urinary Tract Ultrasound diagnostic examination. If you have a family history of any abdominal, pelvic, kidney, bladder issues, you may also wish just to have regular check-ups to ensure normal appearances and general structural health of your organs.
What is included in this clinic for the Abdomen, Pelvic and Bladder
This clinic provides a detailed examination and assessment with subsequent reports to include the evaluation of the liver, gallbladder, kidney, spleen, pancreas, abdominal aorta, and the biliary system, as well as a thorough assessment of your ureters, bladder, and pelvic organs: womb, lining of the womb, ovaries, fallopian tubes and surrounding structures.
Please add your requested screening ultrasound, blood test or health check-up while you are booking your ultrasound scan appointment. If you would prefer to book only a pelvic scan we can provide that option alongside additional services such as blood tests and GP consultations or follow-up scans for the purposes of monitoring a condition. In addition we also provide a 3D pelvic scan.
- Generalized abdominal, lower back or kidney region pain or discomfort
- Abnormal liver or kidney function tests, high blood pressure, fatty liver, gallstones, liver cirrhosis, yellow skin (Jaundice), cysts, polyps, tumours, cancers, inflammation or infection, chronic kidney disease
- Urinary incontinence (going to the toilet too often or have difficulty holding a full bladder), including having to go to the toilet at night
- Loss of bladder control
- Blood in the urine (visible or non-visible)
- Have been previously diagnosed with any abdominal, pelvic, kidney, or bladder issues and would like to monitor progress or resolution
- Would like a check-up to ensure normal appearances of your abdominal and pelvic organs, ureters and bladder
- Painful, heavy, irregular, frequent or infrequent periods
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding or discharge
- Pain and/or bleeding during or after sexual intercourse
- Have a family history of abdominal, kidney, bladder or pelvic issues
- Difficulty conceiving or have had recurrent miscarriages
- Scan your Liver, Gallbladder, Pancreas, Abdominal Aorta, Spleen, Kidneys, Uterus, Bladder, Ovaries, Fallopian tubes, and all other surrounding tissues.
- Take your relevant medical history
- Provide up to 10 minutes consultation
- Explain all findings during and after your ultrasound scan
- Write an official scan report within 24 hrs, with related images included in the report
- Recommend a follow-up ultrasound scan if necessary
- Offer GP or specialist referral and a Blood Test if needed
- Benign or malignant findings in liver, kidneys, spleen, pancreas, ureters, bladder, uterus, ovaries, lining of the womb, including kidney stones and gallstones.
- Fluid collection in the abdominal or pelvic cavity
- Obstruction and cause of obstruction in any abdominal or pelvic organs, ureters or bladder
- Enlargement or inflammation of the abdominal and pelvic organs, ureters and bladder
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Abdominal Aorta dilation (Aneurysm)
- Uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, PCOS, endometrial polyps, fluid filled fallopian tubes
- Uterine malformations (the shape of the womb may vary)
- Adenomyosis and/or endometriosis
- You will be asked be fasting at least 4-6 hours before your abdominal ultrasound scan appointment (please exclude having tea, coffee, or porridge)
- You must finish drinking one litre of water one hour before your appointment
- If you have diabetes, please eat and drink as usual.
- If you are on medication, please take your medicines on time.
To book online select the date and time that suits you best – alternatively, please contact us with any questions via the chat, call or email links provided.
Book Online Abdominal, Pelvic and Urinary Tract Scan