Book Your AppointmentIf a free time slot is not available, please call: 020 7101 3377
Lump and Bump (One Area)
London Private Ultrasound (LPU) offers lumps and bumps ultrasound scans to male and female patients over 18 years old.
The lumps and bumps ultrasound scan is a non-invasive, available, low-priced, and quick diagnostic imaging technique. It is one of the most common types of ultrasound scans requested for the evaluation of soft-tissue masses.
The most common causes of lumps are; Lipomas, Sebaceous cysts, Ganglion cysts, Haematoma, Lymph nodes, or different kinds of Masses, tumors, Cancers, or Cysts. Ultrasound is the first-line method for soft-tissue masses evaluation.
Nature of the Lumps and Bumps, their vascularity, evaluation of their changes, or follow-up after treatment are the most common reasons to have a lump and bump Ultrasound diagnostic examination.
A lump and bump ultrasound scan includes a comprehensive evaluation of the lump and adjacent structures to diagnose the nature of the lump, size, shape, and its vascularity.
Here we provide a few questions and answers to offer you more information about your lump and bump private ultrasound scan:
- Having a swelling, bulging or lump on your body
- Having pain or discomfort in your lump, bulging or swelling
- Significant sudden change in the shape, size, colour or general appearance of the previously known lump, Bulging or swelling
- Swelling following of a trauma
- perform a comprehensive evaluation of the suspected lump and bump, and adjacent structures with ultrasound to diagnose the nature of the lump, size, shape, and it’s vascularity. (A lump is usually a bulged, swollen, painful, or symptomatic part of your body, that can be anywhere in your body)
- Take your relevant medical history
- Provide up to 10 minutes consultation
- Explain all findings during and after your ultrasound scan
- Write an official scan report after your scan or within 24 hrs, with appropriate images included in the report
- Recommend a follow-up ultrasound scan if necessary
- Offer GP or specialist referral and a Blood Test if needed
- Suspected Lumps and Bumps.
- The nature of the lump
- Evidence of vessel in the lump
- Changes in the lump after treatment
- And differentiate common types of Lumps and Bumps;
- Sebaceous cysts,
- Ganglion Cyst,
- Lymph node,
- Or other life-threatening diseases in the scanned area
Please add your requested screening ultrasound, blood test, or health check-up while you are booking your ultrasound scan appointment.