Book Your AppointmentIf a free time slot is not available, please call: 020 7101 3377
In London Private Ultrasound (LPU), we offer 3D Pelvic ultrasound for a detailed evaluation of the Uterus (Womb), Ovary, and the Lining (Endometrium). This Ultrasound scan provides you with the detailed necessary Information about Your womb & ovaries especially if you suffer from a different medical condition in your lower abdomen or if you have a plan to conceive naturally or with IVF.
3D Pelvic Scan is a detailed gynaecological Ultrasound assessment of your pelvic organs: womb, the lining of the womb, ovaries, diseases of the fallopian tubes, and surrounding structures. This type of scan aims to rule out any structural cause that might explain the symptoms you are experiencing, such as abnormal vaginal bleeding, infrequent periods, difficulty conceiving, recurrent miscarriages, bloating, generalized pelvic pain or any other related issue.
This scan is generally performed in two parts: transabdominally with a full bladder (on top of the tummy) and transvaginal (internal scan), with transvaginal views giving the most details in 3D imaging.
- Pelvic pain on and off or sudden severe pelvic pain
- Painful and/or heavy periods
- Irregular, frequent or infrequent periods
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Vaginal discharge
- Pain and/or bleeding during or after sexual intercourse
- Have family history of fibroids
- Difficultly conceiving or have had recurrent miscarriages
- Have been previously diagnosed with any pelvic issues and would like to monitor progress or resolution
- Would simply like a pelvic check-up to ensure normal appearances of your pelvic organs
- You will be asked a series of questions related to your menstrual period and symptoms you are presenting with
- Perform the Ultrasound scan and take high quality representative images
- Explain ultrasound findings and answer your questions or concerns within our scope of practice
- Issue a digital copy of the report within 24 hrs, containing relevant images for you to keep for your records, or take to your GP or specialist
- Recommend a follow-up ultrasound scan if necessary
- Offer GP or specialist referral and a Blood Test if deemed necessary
- Uterine fibroids (benign growth in the muscle of the womb)
- Ovarian cysts (fluid filled structure within the ovaries)
- Endometrial polyps (benign growth within the lining of the womb)
- Polycystic ovaries (suggestive of hormonal imbalance)
- Uterine malformations (the shape of the womb may vary)
- Hydrosalpinx (fluid within fallopian tubes)
- Adenomyosis (condition when the cells of the lining of the womb implant within the muscle of the womb)
- Endometriosis (condition when the cells of the lining of the womb implant within the surrounding pelvic structures)
- Evidence of pelvic inflammatory disease
Please add your requested screening ultrasound, blood test, or health check-up while you are booking your ultrasound scan appointment.