Book Your AppointmentIf a free time slot is not available, please call: 020 7101 3377
Urinary Tract and Testicular
London Private Ultrasound (LPU) offers a thorough assessment of kidneys, prostate, ureters, bladder, testes, epididymis, scrotal sac, and blood supply to testes for male patients over 18 years old. Pain and discomfort in the kidney region, blood in the urine, urine infection, testicular lumps, testicular pain, or swollen testes are the most common reason for having a combined evaluation of urinary tract and testicular ultrasound diagnostic examination.
- Pain and discomfort in the kidney region, back pain
- Going to the toilet too often, or unable to hold your bladder for too long or at all, including having to empty your bladder at night
- Possibility of enlarged prostate
- Evidence of Infection in the kidney or urinary tract (urine infection)
- Evidence of sudden abnormal kidney function (AKD)
- Blood in the urine (visible or non-visible) or dark brown urine
- Family history of kidney and urinary tract disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Follow up on previous findings
- Testicular Lumps, Pain, Swelling or Trauma
- History of kidney or testis Infection, Inflammation or Discomfort
- Possibility of Hydrocele or Varicocele (Fluid around testes or dilated veins)
- Infertility Health Check-up
- Part of Sexual Health Screening
- Take your relevant medical history
- Provide 10 minutes consultation
- Explain all findings during and after your ultrasound scan
- Write an official scan report within 24 hrs, with appropriate images included in the report
- Recommend a follow-up ultrasound scan if necessary
- Offer GP or specialist referral and a Blood Test if needed
- Evidence of cancer, tumour, cyst, stone in testes, epididymis, ureters, bladder, kidneys, prostate, including kidney retention
- Evidence of Infection or inflammation in the testes, epididymis, kidneys, ureters, bladder or prostate
- Abnormal kidney appearance like; size, shape, and general appearance
- Evidence of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Evidence of kidney-related High Blood Pressure (Secondary Hypertension)
- Follow up on previous findings; Post nephrectomy
- Fluid collection in the upper and lower abdominal cavity or scrotal sac (hydrocele)
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Twisting of the testicle on its axis (Testicular torsion)
- Fluid-filled benign cyst that develops in the spermatic cord (Spermatocele)
- Dilated veins (Varicocele)
- You can eat or drink as usual.
- You must drink at least one litre of water one hour before your appointment.
- Please make sure your bladder is full when you attend hospital for you scan
- If you are on medication, please take it on time.
Please add your requested screening ultrasound, blood test, or health check-up while you are booking your ultrasound scan appointment.