Book Your AppointmentIf a free time slot is not available, please call: 020 7101 3377
Abdomen and Urinary Tract
London Private Ultrasound (LPU) offers a combined abdominal with kidneys and bladder ultrasound scan to female patients over 18 years old. Generalised pain and discomfort in the abdomen, lower back pain, kidney region, blood in the urine, and urine infection are the most common reason for having an evaluation of your abdominal organs such as liver, gallbladder, kidney, spleen, pancreas, abdominal aorta, and the biliary system, as well as ureter and bladder. If you have family history of any abdominal, kidneys or bladder issues, you may also wish to just have regular check-ups to ensure normal appearances and general structural health of your organs.
- Generalized abdominal, lower back or kidney region pain or discomfort
- Abnormal liver or kidney function tests, high blood pressure, fatty liver, gallstones, liver cirrhosis, yellow skin (Jaundice), cysts, polyps, tumours, cancers, inflammation or infection, chronic kidney disease
- Urinary incontinence (going to the toilet too often or have difficulty holding a full bladder), including having to go to the toilet at night
- Loss of bladder control
- Blood in the urine (visible or non-visible)
- Have been previously diagnosed with any abdominal, kidney, or bladder issues and would like to monitor progress or resolution
- Would like a check-up to ensure normal appearances of your abdominal organs, kidneys, ureters, and bladder
- Have a family history of abdominal, kidney or bladder issues
- Scan your Liver, Gallbladder, Pancreas, Abdominal Aorta, Spleen, Kidneys, Ureter, Bladder
- Take your relevant medical history
- Provide up to 10 minutes consultation
- Explain all findings during and after your ultrasound scan
- Write an official scan report after or within 24 hrs, with appropriate images included in the report
- Recommend a follow-up ultrasound scan if necessary
- Offer GP or specialist referral and a Blood Test if needed
- Benign or malignant findings in liver, kidneys, spleen, pancreas, ureters, bladder, including kidney stones and gallstones
- Fluid collection in the abdominal or pelvic cavity
- Obstruction and cause of obstruction in any abdominal organs, kidneys, ureters and bladder
- Enlargement, inflammation or infection of the abdominal organs, kidneys, ureters and bladder
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Abdominal Aorta dilation (Aneurysm)
- You will be asked be fasting at least 4-6 hours before your abdominal ultrasound scan appointment (please exclude having tea, coffee, or porridge)
- You must finish drinking one litre of water one hour before your appointment
- If you have diabetes, please eat and drink as usual.
- If you are on medication, please take your medicines on time.
Please add your requested screening ultrasound, blood test, or health check-up while you are booking your ultrasound scan appointment.