Book Your AppointmentIf a free time slot is not available, please call: 020 7101 3377
One Breast Ultrasound Scan(One Side) – £165
London Private Ultrasound offers breast scans to male and female patients over 18 years old. You do not need a referral to have your breast scan done.
You will be recommended to do a breast scan to:
Determine the nature of a breast abnormality
The primary use of breast ultrasound is to help diagnose breast abnormalities detected by you or your physician during a physical exam or to characterize potential abnormalities seen on mammography.
Ultrasound imaging can help to determine if an abnormality is solid (which may be a non-cancerous lump of tissue or a cancerous tumor) or fluid-filled (such as a benign cyst). Ultrasound can also help show additional features of the abnormal area.
- It is important that the imaging physician have any previous ultrasound or mammograms available for comparison when reading your current ultrasound. Please bring any previous ultrasound report or mammogram films with you on the day of your exam.
- It is suggested that you do not schedule your breast ultrasound one week before your menstrual cycle, as your breasts are usually very sensitive at this time.
- If your doctor gave you a referral, please bring it with you.
- You will be asked to lie on your back on the examination table with your hands at your sides.
- A warm gel, very similar to hair-styling gel, will be applied to your breast. The gel will help the sound waves to travel from the machine into your breast.
- A transducer, a small device similar to a microphone, will be placed over your breast. This will be painless, although you may feel mild pressure from the transducer.
- The images will appear on the monitor. These moving images may be viewed immediately or photographed for further study.
- Your exam will take approximately 30 minutes.