Book Your AppointmentIf a free time slot is not available, please call: 020 7101 3377
Two Breast Ultrasound Scan (Both Sides)- £230
London Private Ultrasound offers breast scans to male and female patients over 18 years old. You do not need a referral to have your breast scan done.
You will be recommended to do a breast scan to:
Determine the nature of a breast abnormality
The primary use of breast ultrasound is to help diagnose breast abnormalities detected by you or your physician during a physical exam or to characterise potential abnormalities seen on mammography.
Ultrasound imaging can help to determine if an abnormality is solid (which may be a non-cancerous lump of tissue or a cancerous tumor) or fluid-filled (such as a benign cyst). Ultrasound can also help show additional features of the abnormal area. At LPU we have experienced sonographers, who will explain the findings during the consultation and breast scan procedure. They will also provide a detailed written report, this is often provided same-day wherever possible.
Private Breast Ultrasound without referral
London Private Ultrasound are a specialist ultrasound diagnostic clinic in Central London – just a few moments walk from Bond Street tube station. With a team of experienced practitioners we can accept clients for all services without GP referral and can provide a range of health services with specialist practitioners, GPs and clinicians able to help guide and advise you through a range of health screenings, health checks, blood tests and ultrasound services. Whether you have identified a lump or bump or are experiencing other problems that you feel a private breast ultrasound scan and report are necessary then LPU are the specialist London Clinic able to provide that diagnosis and make recommendations for any appropriate follow-ups or health services.
If you would like more information of our range of Breast Scans or would like information of the private breast ultrasound prices, we can provide a range of options suitable for most breast health concerns.
- Unilateral Breast Ultrasound
- Both Breasts Ultrasound
- Breast Surgeon Consultation
- Breast Implant Assessment
- It is important that the imaging physician have any previous ultrasound or mammograms available for comparison when reading your current ultrasound. Please bring any previous ultrasound report or mammogram films with you on the day of your exam.
- It is suggested that you do not schedule your breast ultrasound one week before your menstrual cycle, as your breasts are usually very sensitive at this time.
- If your doctor gave you a referral, please bring it with you.
- You will be asked to lie on your back on the examination table with your hands at your sides.
- A warm gel, very similar to hair-styling gel, will be applied to your breast. The gel will help the sound waves to travel from the machine into your breast.
- A transducer, a small device similar to a microphone, will be placed over your breast. This will be painless, although you may feel mild pressure from the transducer.
- The images will appear on the monitor. These moving images may be viewed immediately or photographed for further study.
- Your exam will take approximately 30 minutes.